writersnoonereads: Finally in English: The Evenings by Gerard...



writersnoonereads:

Finally in English: The Evenings by Gerard Reve (and it’s as incredible as I hoped). I wrote a pretty manic post about Reve five years ago (where has all my energy gone). The Pushkin edition just got a nice review in the New York Times. Reve on his book:

I wrote “The Evenings” because I was convinced I had to write it: that seems to me a good enough reason. I hoped that ten of my friends would accept a free copy, and that twenty people would buy the book out of pity and ten others by mistake. Things turned out differently. It’s not my fault it caused such an uproar.

I think fans of Robert Walser would love this book. The vivid dream sequences called to mind David Lynch more than anything. It was written by a 23-year-old in 1947 Europe, so it’s a little dark.



via Tumblr http://bit.ly/2X6jMzj

No comments

Powered by Blogger.