How my writing has changed during the pandemic



How has my writing changed you asked? Well, let me give you a behind the scenes look into my writing in this  whole new world called the pandemic.

We are living in some tough times right now. Yes much of the country has flattened the curve when it comes to the covid virus. Some states are doing better, then there are other states going in the wrong direction. The bottom line is nothing will get better until we have a vaccine and no one knows if we will ever have a vaccine as, there is no vaccine for the common cold, cancer or aids so it may be a while before things get better or even resemble anything close to normalcy like they way we knew it.

 

What changed with my writing?

When we went into lockdown and our governor shut down our state it was kind of bittersweet for me. I was disappointed and torn at the same time as,  I could not live my normal life as usual and was glad the governor was trying to keep us safe, but at the same time disappointed, I still had to go to my day job. So,  I was unable to stay home during the lockdown and write book after book.

 

Things got worse

To make matters worse that weekend before the lockdown I was out running a few errands and when I returned my wife informed me , “Oh by the way my sister is dropping off her two daughters to stay with us during the lockdown and do home learning here with us for 2 weeks”. I was shaking my head could not believe it. Here it was we were in lockdown im looking forward to staring at the wall and eating bonbons on the couch and playing board games. Then I get the news the girls will be with us for 2 weeks. So, 2 weeks turned into 3 and a half months.

 

Yes and these were not the best girls on the block. I felt like I was in a bad horror movie or something. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, it was just totally insane the 3 and a half months, noise, fighting, screaming crying, arguing, blaming me  for stuff I did not do and on and on and on. This was arguably the worse time of my life. And the whole year has turned into the year that wasn't, that we want to quickly forget. So the one thing I could not do was write. While the girls were awake I had to take a nap during the daytime then wake up at midnight to even try and write anything. Sometimes that did not even work as im a morning guy. So, even though id take a nap and wake up at midnight id fall asleep too soon and never really got any thoughts down.

 

Looking forward to new books

So the whole time these girls were here I could not write, luckily for me before they got here,  I wrote many outlines. These outlines are solid outlines that will allow me to publish about 3 or 4 books soon. I also wrote a few books before they got here. Two of those books I wrote will be part of a series with,  Raised Smart . I  just have not had time to send to my proofreader or editor. Now that the girls are gone and school is back open. My future is starting to look bright again and hopefully soon I can get back to my writing ways. I really enjoy writing and it is fun I just have to find the time to write. Sometimes with all the stuff going on in the world, sometimes you cannot focus. Once I just stop thinking about all the noise right now and just sit down and let my creative juices flow I will be fine and my writing will return.I just have to find my happy medium to write is it 12 midnight or 4 in the morning!

 

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.